What Are Cookies
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded by your web browser onto your computer, mobile phone, or any other device used when visiting websites, and mostly used to improve the user experience. There are two types; a) “persistent” cookies, which are stored by the web browser and will remain valid until their set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before then), and b) “session” cookies, which are temporary & expire at the end of the user session (when the web browser is closed).
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that is stored elsewhere may be linked to the information they contain.
If you want to find out more about cookies, check out the links at the bottom of this page.
The Cookies We Set
- Cookies may be set that store your search settings, and to remember if you have accepted our terms & conditions.
- Cookies may be set to remember your details for future correspondence when you submit data through a form on this website, such as those found on the “Contact Us”, “Hire Enquires” & “Hire Application Form” pages.
- Email & Newsletters
- This website offers email & newsletter subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use this website and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on this website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. Your data is “anonymized”, which means your IP address is hidden from Google. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Social Media
- We also use social media buttons & plugins on this website that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram will set cookies through our website which may be used to enhance your profile on their website or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
N.B. Blocking all cookies may impact on the usability in certain areas of this website, and may also have a negative impact upon the usability of many other websites.
If you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- By visiting this link: https://www.hlca.org.uk/help-info/contact-us/
You can also find out more about cookies at the following websites: