The Meeting Room at St Hugh’s Community Centre is suitable for such things as small meetings and presentations, educational classes, training courses, etc.
It measures approximately 12′ wide x 17½’ long x 8′ high (3.7m x 5.3m x 2.4m) – this comfortably holds 8-12 people. It is carpeted, and has central heating.
There are work areas along two of the walls suitable for 4-6 people to use, approximately 24″ (60cm) deep, part of one of which has been specially adapted for use, with our optional IT package, as an access station for wheelchair users (see below). And mounted on one wall is a 45″ x 33″ (115cm x 85cm) whiteboard and a 92″ x 52″ (234cm x 132cm) pull-down projector screen.
The room also contains:
- 1 x round table – 39″ (100cm) diameter – seats 4 people
- 1 x rectangular table – 31″ wide x 71″ long (80cm x 180cm) – seats 4-6 people
- 10 x chairs
Wi-Fi access is available upon request.
St Hugh’s Community Centre is fully accessible to wheelchair users.
We have an Epsom EB-X92 Multimedia Projector available for hire for use in the Meeting Room.
Our IT package consists of 8 x HP Intel i3 laptops running Windows 7, each with it’s own set of headphones and security lock. There is also an HP TopShot LaserJet Pro M275 MFP printer/scanner/copier, and keyboard, mouse & monitor for use with the specially adapted disabled access station.
Visit our Hire Rates page for full details of our current prices. You can also visit our Availability page for more information on what days and times the Meeting Room is usually available for hire, as well as our Timetable page to see if it is actually available for hire or a specific date/time.
If you want to ask a question about hiring the Hall or Meeting Room, please visit our Hire Enquiries page, or if you have all the information you need and want to go ahead and make a booking now, simply complete our online Hire Application Form.
Some Important Notes!
- Only blue/white tack is permitted to be used to affix posters or small decorations, etc. to the walls, the use of gaffer/masking/sticky tape, pins, or anything else is strictly prohibited as it damages the paintwork.
- We ask that chewing and bubble gum is not consumed on the premises.
- Please ensure that all visitors to your event vacate the premises by the end of your actual booking time – if you need to arrange transport to pick visitors up make sure that it arrives in good time. Please remember that we are in a residential area so you must ensure that any visitors to your event leave quietly and peacefully so as not to disturb our neighbours.
- You will be required to clean up after your event yourself – this is why we allow you the 30 minutes extra at the end of it. Please ensure that you leave the Centre in the same way as you found it when you arrived – clean & tidy. There is a supply of cleaning materials under the sink. If you require further products please speak to the person closing the Meeting Room.
- There will be a bin liner in all rubbish bins and toilet rolls in each cubicle. We will also provide you with one spare toilet roll per cubicle. If you require any further bin liners or toilet rolls you must provided these yourself.
- Please understand that St Hugh’s is completely run by volunteers and everyone you deal with gives up their time for free.
- All bookings are taken subject to the availability of volunteers opening/closing the Centre.
- No alcohol may be consumed on the premises by anyone under the age of 18.
- The St Hugh’s Community Centre is a no-smoking zone – smoking is not permitted either in or around the premises, in accordance with Government legislation.
Our full Terms & Conditions of Hire can be viewed here.