HLCA AGM 2020
Due to the current circumstances, our annual AGM will be held later on this year. Currently, we are hoping to hold it during the first week of September – we’ll keep you posted!
COVID-19 Help & Information
Living Well Food Bank
Support for those affected by COVID-19 (UK Government)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know (Bromley Council)
Coronavirus Finance & Bills Help (Money Saving Expert)
Coronavirus and your money (The Money Advice Service)
If you can’t pay your bills because of coronavirus (Citizens Advice)
St Hugh’s Temporary Closure
Due to the unprecedented circumstances, with a heavy heart, we have taken the decision to close the St Hugh’s Community Centre in order to keep our staff and users safe. Until further notice no classes or events will betaking place, and we are not able to take any private hire bookings.
We are all still working behind the scenes, and you can email us, or contact us via social media as normal. If you do need to call us, you can do so using the following contact numbers:
John Campbell – 07546 181805
Neisha Ebanks – 07931 164538
We hope to be back open as soon as is safe and practical to do so, but in the meantime please follow government advice, stay safe, and be nice to one another!
We are Recruiting – Lead Youth Worker
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals with the experience of working with young people and the confidence to guide small groups in activities.
- You will be working directly with young people, supporting their personal development by providing appropriate programmes of activities.
- To actively participate in the programme planning ensuring a varied and interesting range of activities for young people.
- Monitor, evaluate and report back to board of Trustees on regular basis.
- To work with young people to remove barriers in accessing youth provision and facilitate the inclusion of all young people in activities taking account of their individual needs and cultures.
- You should be able to use your own initiative to get tasks done and strive at all times to be a positive role-model to each individual.
- Possess or is working towards a recognised youth work qualification.
- Experience of working with and engaging young people in youth work activities.
- Knowledge of vulnerable groups and the challenges of working with children and young people.
- To hold a current enhanced DBS or willing to allow one to be taken.
- Able to provide 2 work related references upon request.
16 hours per week, core hours- Wednesday 4:30pm -7:30pm, remaining hours negotiable. Salary to be negotiated depending on experience. If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday 3rd April 2020
New Office Hours!
Please take note that as of the beginning of March, our office opening hours at the Centre have changed:
|Mondays:||9:00am to 12:00pm
12:30pm to 3:30pm
|Tuesdays:||9:00am to 12:00pm
|Thursdays:||4:00pm to 8:00pm|
|Saturdays:||9:00am to 12:00pm|
Instead of Thursday morning, we’ll now be open on Tuesday morning instead.