Support Youth Worker
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals with experience of working with young people and the confidence to guide small groups in activities.
- You will be working directly with young people, supporting their personal development by providing appropriate programmes of activities under the lead youth worker.
- To actively assist the lead youth worker in the programme planning ensuring a varied and interesting range of activities for young people.
- To work with young people to remove barriers in accessing youth provision and facilitate the inclusion of all young people in activities taking account of their individual needs and cultures.
- You should be able to use your own initiative to get tasks done and strive at all times to be a positive role-model to each individual.
- To be able to take instruction from the lead youth worker as part of the team as well as stand in as cover for the lead youth worker should it be required.
- Working towards recognised youth worker qualification (Essential)
- Experience of working with and engaging young people in youth work activities (Desirable)
- Knowledge of vulnerable groups and the challenges of working with children and young people (Desirable)
- To hold a current DBS or willing to allow one to be taken.
- Able to provide 2 references upon request. One work and one from an educational establishment relevant to role.
- This role is ideally suited to someone looking to add work experience whilst training in the field of youth work.
Hours of work – Wednesday evenings 4:30 – 7:30pm
Salary to be negotiated depending on experience
If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Friday 14th June 2019
Help!!! Volunteer Accountant Needed!!!
We are currently looking for a volunteer accountant, someone who can help us with our charity’s accounts.
We’d need around 2 or 3 hours a month of your time, and we can pay expenses.
If you can help, please get in touch by emailing us at: email@example.com, or calling us on: (020) 8659 7038.
St Hugh’s Needs More Trustees!
Would you like to be involved with the Hilda Lane Community Association and the Community Centre?
We are looking for new trustees to join us at HLCA. There are 6 trustees on the board but we would love to increase our numbers, especially from the local area. The more people on the board, the wider the reach and the greater impact we can have on the local community. We currently have 1 gentleman and five ladies with an age range from late 30’s to early 60’s. It would be great to have some more gentlemen and a younger dynamic join the group but everyone is welcome. The role is voluntary but very rewarding. It gives you a chance to give something back to the
community. It can be frustrating at times as red tape, funding and policy can be a minefield but we can promise you, the good most definitely out ways the bad.
We are looking for skills which can be transferred to community work, this can be as simple as note taking to accountancy, event organising, youth work, staff management and caretaking services. If you think you have something we need and you want to get stuck in with the local community then please get in touch. Minimum requirement is for a trustee is to attend 4 quarterly meetings and the AGM each year. Your details would be added to Company’s House and the Charities Commission. HLCA is a limited company and we have insurance which covers all volunteers. You would be required to have a DBS check which we can do for you should you come on board.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee, or just have a question about becoming one, please email Alix at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering at St Hugh’s
Interested in helping us run the centre? We’d be happy to have you on board. You’ll get full training and never be left on your own. You suggest what you want to do, whether it’s help out with event catering, helping run the youth club or join the committee to help plan for the future – it’s up to you. We’ll do our best to make your experience rewarding and fun. We think using local people to help run the centre is the best way to keep control of it. We hope you agree.
If you are interested in volunteering at St Hugh’s, please click here to get in touch using our contact form.