Part Time Youth Support Worker Wanted
Position: Part time Youth Support Worker
Responsible to: Lead Youth Worker
Place of work: St Hugh’s Community Centre, 42 Castledine Road, London SE20 8PL
When: Wednesdays – 3 hours per week (additional hours may become available)
Salary: Part Time – £10.00 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the St Hugh’s Community Centre for a part-time Youth Support Worker to help deliver a variety of fun and engaging activities for young people ages 8 – 13 years old. We are looking for an individual with the experience and knowledge of working with young people who can commit to working every Wednesday evening from 4:30pm – 7:30pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver and evaluate youth work programmes to include evening and week-end work.
- Deliver effective youth work to the highest standard.
- Promote active involvement of young people throughout all activities.
- Ensure young people are involved in planning the activity programme.
- Act as an advocate for young people, ensuring that young people’s views are always given consideration and are acted upon wherever possible.
- Ensure that work is carried out in line with safeguarding and professional boundary requirements to enable the safe delivery of services to young people.
- Complete recordings in order to monitor the progress of young people, projects and incidents.
- Assess young people’s needs and deliver an appropriate youth work response.
- Work closely with local targeted communities/voluntary organisations to build capacity to meet local needs.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Experience of supporting, enabling or mentoring others.
- Ability to motivate and deliver play activities.
- Innovative and adaptable approach to work with young people.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of the issues young people face in today’s society.
- Flexible, adaptable, resilient, self-motivated & reliable.
- Commitment to the equal opportunities, safeguarding and data protection policies.
- Willing to attend relevant workshops/trainings.
If you are interested, please get in touch by emailing us at: email@example.com, or calling us on: (020) 8659 7038.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
Help!!! Volunteer Accountant Needed!!!
We are currently looking for a volunteer accountant, someone who can help us with our charity’s accounts.
We’d need around 2 or 3 hours a month of your time, and we can pay expenses.
If you can help, please get in touch by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us on: (020) 8659 7038.
St Hugh’s Needs More Trustees!
Would you like to be involved with the Hilda Lane Community Association and the Community Centre?
We are looking for new trustees to join us at HLCA. There are 6 trustees on the board but we would love to increase our numbers, especially from the local area. The more people on the board, the wider the reach and the greater impact we can have on the local community. We currently have 1 gentleman and five ladies with an age range from late 30’s to early 60’s. It would be great to have some more gentlemen and a younger dynamic join the group but everyone is welcome. The role is voluntary but very rewarding. It gives you a chance to give something back to the
community. It can be frustrating at times as red tape, funding and policy can be a minefield but we can promise you, the good most definitely out ways the bad.
We are looking for skills which can be transferred to community work, this can be as simple as note taking to accountancy, event organising, youth work, staff management and caretaking services. If you think you have something we need and you want to get stuck in with the local community then please get in touch. Minimum requirement is for a trustee is to attend 4 quarterly meetings and the AGM each year. Your details would be added to Company’s House and the Charities Commission. HLCA is a limited company and we have insurance which covers all volunteers. You would be required to have a DBS check which we can do for you should you come on board.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee, or just have a question about becoming one, please email Alix at: email@example.com.
Volunteering at St Hugh’s
Interested in helping us run the centre? We’d be happy to have you on board. You’ll get full training and never be left on your own. You suggest what you want to do, whether it’s help out with event catering, helping run the youth club or join the committee to help plan for the future – it’s up to you. We’ll do our best to make your experience rewarding and fun. We think using local people to help run the centre is the best way to keep control of it. We hope you agree.
If you are interested in volunteering at St Hugh’s, please click here to get in touch using our contact form.